So, you're hosting a show!
First of all thanks for doing this. Here are some reminders for you and your guests:
1. This is a lossless recording, meaning your computer is recording you locally and then sending us the clean file.
2. Don’t close your browser until I give you the all clear
3. Do-over, just say “time out” “lets say that again” etc etc. DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE END
4. Explain the Mute button
5. (if applicable) This episode will come out in the future. So try not to mention the big game tonight, the date, etc.
6. Is there anything you want the hosts to stay away from?
7. If something technically goes wrong don’t worry about it. Just come back to the Riverside link and we will figure out how to start back up.
8. Now would be a good time to turn off your mobile phone, close email, slack, apple watch, anything that dings
9. If there are two guests, remind the host to address their questions to one of them by name.
10. Is anyone NOT ready to start? Let’s Go!
Specific to riverside.fm
***Check to see what roles people are logged in as, make sure everyone who needs to be recorded is a host or a guest.***
- Look at everyone’s microphone setting, make sure if they have a good mic that it is selected.
- For the show open, be sure to set the music in the media browser from Preview to Live
- If anyone is on the iOS app, turn on “do not disturb” – if you get a call during taping it will knock you off the riverside recording.
To turn on “Do not disturb,” swipe down from the top right corner, then tap the moon.
- Guests should use a Google Chrome browser on a laptop or desktop
- Guests should NOT be in an incognito window
- If a guest leaves too early go to https://riverside.fm/upload
- Guests should not have any other video applications open while using Riverside
- Make sure that guests are not running heavy applications while recording on Riverside
- Contact Riverside support at email@example.com if needed. You may also be able to get them in the Riverside chat window in your session.